followers

Monday, April 20, 2009

tulip hearted quilt-part I

I am so excited for this project. My 1st attempt to do quilt. never done one before. i might not have all the quilt tools..like cutter...board? or anything...but I'll try to make this one happen. This one is for my best friend,Norli for her new born baby ,Eidil Khadijah. I hope they will like it!
This is the pattern that i'm using for this project. Got it from free pattern
It looks simple but believe me,it is not easy (I mean..for beginner like me). This design was made by Mary Graham but I did some changes on it. Accidentally actually! So, I renamed it as Tulip Hearted Quilt. You wanna know why? Hehehe.Just look at the images that I uploaded here....you will know why..I'm still in an early stage and luckily I still got few beautiful fabrics which i bought from Ebay last few months ago. At last i know what to do with those fabrics.

Very sweet color..

The fabrics has been cut into few small pieces. I decided to make 24 colorful hearts for Eidil's quilt.

Just to show the process of combining the patterns.

Errkk....and this is what happen when I get so over excited.Supposely this is a heart pattern but i forgot to add allowance on one side of that heart. So, it becomes unbalanced. That is why.. I decided to alter back the heart to become..Tulip!!It looks like tulip right? So, from beginner hearts...it suddenly transform to Tulip Hearted! Designed by Jessie! hehehe..Thank god i can still continue my quilt.This is the basic idea on how i susun all these cute tulips.

That's the only thing that i did last night. I still need to buy few fabrics for the background. Green looks great too right? Soft pink maybe? Ermmhh...nvmind.Let just wait and see what's the final decision. Till my fingers meeting this keyboard again. Challo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin